Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I finally got around to making our sister-in-law Lindsey her birthday cake! Her birthday was clear back in December...I know. *Shame* She said all she wanted from us was a cake. We decided to not listen to her at all, but I wanted to make her the cake still since she specifically asked for one! December was so busy with Christmas and everything that I just couldn't get time to make her one. We have only seen them a couple times since then and they were finally coming up on a Sunday when I had Saturday night off to work on the cake!...I am still learning so I am pretty slow.
I decided to do a scrub top since she is a nurse! Whoot whoot! It's nice to have someone to call if I have questions I don't want to go to the doc for! :)
I decided to try and keep it a little simple. Michael pointed out I usually decorate the pan a lot more than the cake! :) Ha ha...it's true.
The fam! Yes I look a little weird. I didn't do my eyeliner. I will never make that mistake again. Michael's friend said to me more than once at church, "Are you tired?!" Not the most flattering thing but I learned my lesson! :)
Lindsey didn't want us to sing happy birthday to her since we already did in December...but we just had to! She got one candle right in the belly button! :) Happy Birthday awhile ago Lindsey! :) Stay tuned for pictures from Michael's Family Mardi Gras Party! I made the most amazing Chicken Spinach Artichoke Dip! Yum!

4 comments:

JT said...

WOW. I am soo impressed!!
It turned out GREATT!!!!

woot woot!!

Unknown said...

Your such a talented little bugger. I am still holding out for someday when I find my secret hidden talent. I'm sure it's gonna be good.

Regardless...great cake!

I am already requesting you make me a sunshine cake for my birthday. This way you have plenty of notice!

The Mansfields said...

Wow Tiffany! That's amazing-- how long have you been doing cakes? I've only seen two and they look so profesh!

Lauren Winder Farnsworth said...

You are so artsy (I was going to say "artsy fartsy" and then I realized that would sound offensive...). I can't believe how cute that cake is. Is there ANYTHING you can't do? I know, I know, I betcha can't squirt milk through your eyeballs! HA! Neither can I.