Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I have been thinking about BALANCE a lot lately! Is it just me or is it SO hard to achieve? I mean between work, school, laundry, keeping the house clean, hanging out with Michael, exercising, eating right, getting enough sleep, spiritual things, friends, family and everything else going on in my life I feel like I am just being pulled in all directions. It seems like most people lead just as busy lives but it seems like they can balance it easier! Where do you draw the line? When do you decide to let the house be dirty to get enough sleep or skip exercising to hang out with family? When I think of balance in my life all I can picture is me falling face first off a balance ball!!! :) Any tips of how you keep your life organized and balanced?!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

First lets just say that although people seem like they have "balanced lives", most people feel the same way you do. Just put what's most important first. And sometimes the most important thing can be different every day. I like to write out my entire week on Mondays, hour by hour. This helps me achieve the most out of each day. Then I put a list of "want to's" on the side, and when I have some free time, I do one of those. Well, usually I just end up watching TV, but my intentions are good. Oh, AND....ask for help. You have people around you (hint hint) that would always love to help! The End.

JT said...

Read the book First things First by Stephen Covey. Just like your sister said, put the important things firsts and everything else will fall into place later. :)
And yes having a planner/schedule helps out so much too!! If you don't get something done - push it to the next day in the planner :)

Loves